Why New Contacts Not Showing in WhatsApp
You might have experienced sometimes that your Whatsapp’s new contacts not showing in the contact list. This issue also occurs when you change your Phone or Mobile number, you won’t see your old Whatsapp Contacts too. This tutorial explains you that Why New Contacts Not Showing in WhatsApp.
Lots of causes involved in this issue that Why New Contacts Not Showing in WhatsApp and Why your old contact not displaying in WhatsApp. This guides provide you step by step instruction to fix Why New Contacts Not Showing in WhatsApp issue.
Why New Contacts Not Showing in WhatsApp ?
Step 1 – Is your WhatsApp is up-to-date ?
Need to Verify that you’re WhatsApp has latest version installed / updated.
WhatsApp Update For Android: Go to Play Store >> My Apps > Installed >> WhatsApp Messenger >> Update.
WhatsApp Update For iOS: Open the iTunes App Store >> Updates verify that whether WhatsApp requires an update or not.
Step 2 – Allow WhatsApp to access your WhatsApp Address Book / Contact list
Need to verify that if your WhatsApp has access to your WhatsApp contacts.
For Android: Go to Apps >> Settings > Security >> Permissions >> Contacts and verify if WhatsApp is allowed to access your address book without any issue. In case your smartphone doesn’t provide a built-in option to manage app permissions, you can get a free app like Permission Manager from the Play Store.
For iOS: Go to Settings >> Privacy >> Contacts and Toggle the Switch next to WhatsApp Messenger to the ON state.
Step 3 – Do Refresh your Contact List (Unhide Hidden Contacts)
If the issue persists, and then you need to find for hidden contacts (and/or groups) and unhide those contact.
For Android: Open the Contacts app >> Settings >> Contact to Display >> All.
For iOS: Open the Contacts >> Groups and verify if you’ve any hidden groups.
How to Show all contacts in WhatsApp: Open WhatsApp >> Settings >> Contacts and Tick the Show All Contacts check-box.
That’s all. You’re done. WhatsApp now displays all your online and offline contacts also without any issue.
Read below for more info.
Why are my contacts not showing in WhatsApp? New and Old Whatsapp Contact not showing in Contact List.
If your WhatsApp contact not appears in the Select contact list, try following steps one by one.
1. Ensure that you’ve your friend’s phone number in your address book correctly.
2. Verify that your friend has WhatsApp Messenger installed on his Smartphone.
3. Ensure that you’ve the updated version of WhatsApp. If not, you need to download the latest version of WhatsApp from Internet / Playstore.
4. In your Android Contact book, check that all contact accounts (i.e. SIM, Google, Phone) & contact groups (i.e. Friends, Family) are “visible” or “viewable”.
5. It is highly recommended that you verify your contacts “not visible” & then “visible” to force a refresh. Once you done this, go and launch WhatsApp >> Menu Button >> Refresh.
6. Ensure that the country code has been added.